Monday, February 10, 2014

A Departure for Me

I'm not taken to sweet drinks, but this is a very pleasant cocktail for the warmer months.  As I write this, snow is covering our yard, and it's in the low 20's.  But you have to think ahead, in the Cocktail Game.

I discovered this last year, after getting a bit weary of the somewhat complicated classic cocktails I'd been experimenting with - things like the Sazerac.  All I wanted was something simple and refreshing.  And this fills the bill.  I've made a minor alteration, but not in the taste.

If you haven't tried one, give the Fuzzy Navel a go.  The name is derived from its ingredients: Peach schnapps (peach = peach fuzz = Fuzzy) and orange juice (a Navel is an orange).  Here's how I make mine:

The Fuzzy Navel
2 oz Peach Schnapps
2 oz Orange juice
1 Tsp lemon juice
Splash of soda water

Place the ingredients into an Old Fashioned glass containing ice.  Stir gently, add straw and enjoy! (Garnish optional.)

No comments:

Post a Comment